‘Learning for a fuller life’
This is based on the words of Jesus Christ, as reported in the Gospel of St John – ‘I have come that they may have life and have it to the full’ (Chapter 10 verse 10).
In adopting ‘Learning for a fuller life’, we want all children at Taverham VC Church of England Junior School to become:
- Successful and happy individuals, who participate fully, enjoy learning, make progress and achieve;
- Confident and resilient young people who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society, locally, nationally and globally;
- Caring, respectful and tolerant members of their community;
- Reflective individuals, with a strong spiritual and moral awareness
We see it is as our duty to give children the skills to maximise their engagement with the world around them, enable them to grow spiritually, emotionally and personally, and develop the character and values which will serve them well in future life and support success.
As a Church of England School, we believe that all children, whether they have a faith or not and whatever their background or culture, are loved by God and are individually unique.
“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you.’ Pablo Casals (1881 – 1973)
Taverham VC Church of England Junior is not a faith school for Christians but a Christian school for all.